|Employer:||Berkshire Systems Group, Inc.|
Shillington - Berks County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Want a rewarding job at a great, "family" company? You could be our next Desiree. Desiree joined our team last year and worked out so well that we've moved her into a new position. Now we need another top performer to help to fill her shoes as a Customer Service Specialist. We are Berkshire Systems Group, Inc. and for over 30 years we've been providing world-class service to our customers and we need someone who enjoys working with people and keeping customers safe. If you’re interested in working in the Life Safety business and want to be part of our busy - yet fun - family, apply online today!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answer incoming customer calls regarding repair requests, billing issues, product problems, service questions and general client concerns.
- Update customer information in Sedona Software (client data base) during and after each call.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Administer service tickets:
- Create service tickets.
- Query customer calls to further identify service issue symptoms.
- Add parts to service tickets.
- Review “Go Backs” for any parts we need to order.
- Audit upcoming service tickets to prepare a technician for a return trip and collect any parts/information that may be needed to ensure return trip call closure.
- Re-Vet calls to determine if they are still valid since ticket was written, contact customer before service visit
- Audit IP (in-progress) and DP (departed) tickets for timely close out.
- Process “Ready to Invoice” and/or “Resolved” tickets.
- Proof read and corrects spelling/grammar errors on technician ticket reports.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with clients and working to establish a positive rapport with every caller.
- Work with the service/management team to stay updated on product knowledge and be informed of any changes in company policy.
- Requires the ability to remain professional and courteous with both external and internal customers at all times.
- Place follow-up calls, next business day on service completed previous day, summarize issues found, advise customer if parts have been ordered, communicate scheduled date of return if applicable.
- Able to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- In-person attendance is required.
- High school diploma or GED and 3-5 years’ customer service or sales experience both in an office setting and in field support.
- 1-2 years’ experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook Excel Word) and standard office equipment.
- Must be 18 years of age and hold a valid license with minimal traffic violations.
- Knowledge of industry is preferred.
- 2- or 4-year degree in Marketing, Business Administration Project Management or Sales with 1-2 years of customer service or sales experience in an office setting or field support is preferred.
- Familiarity with Sedona software preferred.