|Employer:||Berkshire Systems Group, Inc.|
Shillington - Berks County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Want a rewarding job at a great company? We are Berkshire Systems Group and we are growing! We are looking to fill an open Fire Alarm Technician in our Shillington, PA location. We have a great team atmosphere, so everyone matters. For over 30 years, we've been providing world-class service to our customers and we need someone who enjoys working with people and keeping our customers safe. If you're interested in working in the Life Safety business and want to be a part of our busy - yet fun - family, apply online today!
Summary - performs programming and commissioning of new commercial systems and will troubleshoot/repair/inspect existing systems in our local service area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel to customer sites to install, inspect, troubleshoot, repair and/or perform preventative maintenance on customer's fire alarm systems. Manufacturers include but are not limited to: Siemens, Silent Knight, VESDA, Simplex, Notifier, etc.
- Responsible for company assets: service vehicle, parts inventory, tools, computer, smart phone, test equipment.
- Completes reports of job activities accurately and on a timely basis.
- Work after-hour service calls as part of an on-call rotation.
- High school diploma or GED with 4 years of field service experience; or
- 2-year degree in Electronics/Mechatronics/Electrical engineering with 1 year of field service experience
- Knowledge of MS Office and Google Office
- Basic mechnical aptitude
- Willing to drive to customer sites
- Must be 18 years of age, possess a valid driver's license and have a safe driving record with minimal traffic violations
- Basic electrical aptitude and/or education
- Familiarity with Sedona software