|Employer:||Berkshire Systems Group, Inc.|
York - Centre County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
BSGI is a locally-owned industry leader in fire and security integration. Want a rewarding job at a great company? We are Berkshire Systems Group, Inc., and we are growing! We are looking to fill open Fire Alarm Technician positions in Shillington, York and State College. We have a great team atmosphere, so everyone matters. For over 30 years, we’ve been providing world-class service to our customers and we need someone who enjoys working with people and keeping customers safe. If you’re interested in working in the Life Safety business and want to be part of our busy - yet fun - family, apply online today. We offer an excellent benefit package and a salary commensurate with experience and/or education.
Summary: Perform programming and commissioning of new commercial systems, and troubleshoot / repair / inspect existing systems in our local service areas.
- Travel to customer sites to install, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, and / or perform preventative maintenance on customer's fire alarm systems. Manufacturers include but are not limited to: Siemens, Silent Knight, VESDA, Simplex, Notifier, etc.
- Follows all company policies and procedures as listed, but not limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and manufacturer and NFPA guidelines.
- Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and in small group situations to customers, end users and other employees of the organization as required.
- Is directly responsible for company assets, including a service vehicle, parts inventory, tools, computer, smart phone and test equipment.
- Completes timely reporting of all activities including service reports, expense reports, quality alerts and maintenance reports to the company.
- Generates service sales and product leads.
- Completes compliance and job specific training, including NICET Certification within the two years of employment.
- Work flexible hours and respond to after-hour service calls when required as part of an on-call rotation.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and operating manuals and write documents such as customer correspondence, memos and reports.
- Solve simple equations, problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Make decisions to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Able to work in a constant state of awareness and in a safe manner.
- In-person attendance required.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A high school diploma or equivalent; with industry related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet and modern computer use.
- Basic mechanical/electrical/electronics aptitude, with ability to read/utilize a multi-meter, use basic industry technician tools, & hand power tools.
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
- 1-2 years of previous customer service experience in field support.
- Must have a valid driver's license, and a safe driving record with minimal traffic violations.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to drive a company vehicle.
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics and 2 years field service experience
- Familiarity with Sedona software.
- The use of electronic test equipment and reading schematics.