|Employer:||Berkshire Systems Group, Inc.|
State College - Centre County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
BSGI is a locally-owned industry leader in fire and security integration. We are seeking an experienced Fire Alarm Technician to perform programming and commissioning of systems, trouble-shooting, repair & inspection of existing systems in our local service areas in State College. We offer an excellent benefit package and a salary commensurate with experience and/or training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Travel to customer sites to install, repair, and/or perform preventative maintenance to customer's equipment. Manufacturer brands include, but are not limited to: Siemens, Kidde, SK Fahrenheit, Stat-X, Buckeye, etc.
- Follows all company policies & procedures as listed, but not limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and manufacturer and NFPA guidelines.
- Is directly responsible for company assets including a service vehicle, parts inventory, tools, computer, smartphone and test equipment.
- Generates sales and product leads.
- Completes compliance and job specific training, including NICET Certification, within 2 years of employment.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
- High school diploma or equivalent with 4 years of industry-related experience and/or training; or 2-year technical degree with 2 years of industry-related experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google
- Have basic mechanical aptitude with ability to read a multimeter, and use basic industry technician tools
- 1-2 years of previous customer service in field support
- Able & willing to travel to customer sites, at times requiring overnight stay to complete assigned work
- Must be 18 years of age, possess a valid driver's license and safe driving record with minimal traffic violations
- A basic electrical understanding
- Experience in use of test equipment and reading schematics
- Familiarity with Sedona software