|Employer:||Suburban Testing Labs|
Reading - Berks County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Benefits:||Health Insurance, Vacation and Holiday Pay, Simple IRA with company match. |
Suburban Testing Labs is a growing Accredited Environmental Laboratory specializing in Drinking Water, Wastewater and Solids analysis. Founded in 1963, we are family owned and operated and commit to providing defensible data at a competitive price with first class customer service. We have a great team, and love the work we do!
Position: Data Validation Specialist
Department: Laboratory/Inorganics Department
Reports To: Laboratory Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Under the direct supervision of the Laboratory Manager, the Data Validation Specialist will review both simple and complex routine and non-routine data according to departmental SOP’s; read and understand analytical procedures, and ensure all work is performed according to laboratory requirements.
Laboratory schedules are driven by sample holding times and client due dates and require flexibility, communication and teamwork.
This is a 1st shift position with the possibilities of weekend hours based on client requests.
- Demonstrate commitment to STLs Mission Statement, Core Values and Operating Principles
- Demonstrate and promote good general lab practices including personal safety
- Workflow Management
- Query LIMS to create batches of samples for assigned analyses
- Complete routine preparation and analysis in accordance with SOPs
- Plan activities in an efficient manner that meets hold times and due dates
- Coordinate with team members to ensure all deadlines are met in an efficient manner
- Complete all required documentation
- Assess Quality Control and determine if results are valid for reporting
- Review results, supporting documentation and quality control in LIMS for department requirements.
- Ensure all work and documentation meet with requirements established in SOP’s
- Continuously improve processes to maximize quality, turnaround time and minimize costs.
- Actively work with team members and management to achieve STLs goals
- Maintain clean and organized workspace and return shared workspaces to appropriate condition
- Develop and maintain knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Laboratory Systems, Equipment, Instrumentation and technology
- Laboratory capabilities and capacity
- Basic regulatory programs and client specific needs relative to assigned analyses
Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology, Chemistry or Environmental Science or equivalent experience preferred
Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Word) and other windows software
Ability to work outside of scheduled hours as required to meet client / workload needs
Ability to plan activities in an efficient manner, multi task and support others
Enjoys working in a team environment, but can also function independently
A willingness to learn new things
Have strong interpersonal skills with an outgoing personality and a good sense of humor
- Hard working, tenacious, and demonstrate excitement and enthusiasm around exceeding goals and delivering great customer service
Suburban Testing Labs is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA/Veterans employer committed to excellence through diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.