|Employer:||Berkshire Systems Group, Inc.|
Shillington - Berks County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
BSGI is a locally-owned industry leader in fire and security integration. We are seeking an Inspection Technician to perform inspection and testing of fire & security systems in our local service areas, based from our headquarters in Reading. We offer an excellent benefit package and a salary commensurate with experience and/or training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs inspections and full functional testing of fire alarm systems to ensure conformance with product specifications.
Battery voltage & amp hrs
- Utilizes standard mechanical and electronic instruments, functional gauges and test rigs.
- Processes associated documentation in accordance with company and customer contractual standards.
- Works under direct supervision and in accordance with instructions and techniques.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of industry-related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet and modern computer use.
- Able to operate a smartphone.
- Basic mechanical aptitude, with ability to read/utilize a multi-meter, and use basic industry technician tools.
- Previous experience working with hand and power tools.
- Training in general safety, electrostatic discharge awareness and quality systems awareness.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and operating manuals.
- Fluent English speaking and writing.
- Possess a valid driver’s license & safe driving record with minimal traffic violations.
- Must be 21 years of age to drive a company vehicle.