|Employer:||Berkshire Systems Group, Inc.|
State College - Centre County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
BSGI is a locally-owned industry leader in fire and security integration. We are seeking an experienced Fire Alarm Technician to perform programming and commissioning of systems, trouble-shooting, repair & inspection of existing systems in our local service areas in State College. We offer an excellent benefit package and a salary commensurate with experience and/or training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Travel to customer sites to install, repair, and/or perform preventative maintenance to customer's equipment. Manufacturer brands include, but are not limited to: Siemens, Kidde, SK Fahrenheit, Stat-X, Buckeye, etc.
- Follows all company policies & procedures as listed, but not limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and manufacturer and NFPA guidelines.
- Is directly responsible for company assets including a service vehicle, parts inventory, tools, computer, smartphone and test equipment.
- Generates sales and product leads.
- Completes compliance and job specific training, including NICET Certification, within 2 years of employment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent with 4 years of industry-related experience and/or training; or 2-year technical degree with 2 years of industry-related experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet and modern computer use
- Able to operate a smartphone, have basic mechanical aptitude with ability to read a multimeter, and use basic industry technician tools
- 1-2 years of previous customer service in field support
- Able to read drawings and operating manuals with comprehension, write documents such as customer coorespondence
- Must be able to work flexible hours and respond to after-hour service calls when required as part of an on-call rotation
- Able & willing to travel to customer sites
- Have a valid driver's license and safe driving record with minimal traffic violations
- Must be at least 18 years of age to drive a company vehicle
- Able & willing to travel with overnight stay when required to complete work assigned by the company
- A basic electrical understanding
- Experience in use of test equipment and reading schematics